This workshop is taught by professional instructors using curriculum developed by the University of Minnesota. The workshop is for active caregivers of a family member or friend living at home with dementia. Caregivers learn to develop new strategies for caring for the person living with the disease as well as caring for themselves. These strategies and skills have been shown to decrease the stress of caregiving and increase well-being for both.
· Learn the skills to manage daily life
· Strengthen family resources
· Communicate more effectively
· Take control and set goals
· Understand dementia and the impact it has on you
and the person for whom you are caring
· Take care of you!
Click here to view the flyer for more details – Savvy Caregiver – May 2021